UPDATE - 6TH JANUARY 2021
Following the most recent Government announcement, we regret to inform you that we are now closed to customers for the foreseeable; we will reopen when advised that it is safe for us to do so.
Government guidelines state that repair services can continue to trade however, and as such we will be operating a collection and delivery service for repairs. To arrange a collection/delivery please either WHATSAPP us on 07983535274 or call 01226 284828 and leave a message, we will then get back to you to arrange a time/date to book you in.
NB: There will be no charge for this service but distance travelled will be at our discretion.
For all purchases please use our online facility; new products are being listed daily. We still continue to send and receive items via post so if you would like to use this method please feel free to do so but remember to include your details if sending to us.
Finally we would like to take this oppportunity to thank you all for your continued custom and support during these difficult times. Please take care and stay safe.
Natalie and TGS x x x
The coronavirus pandemic has impacted the entire world during the course of 2020, nobody has been sacrificed; businesses included. We had to close our doors on Monday the 23rd March and were unable to re-open until Monday the 15th June - the longest period we have been closed in our 97 year history.
As a small independent family business this was an extremely heartbreaking step we had to take but also a necessary one to help in the fight against COVID-19.
Whilst we are so pleased to be able to open our doors to our customers again, we'd be lying if we said we weren't slightly nervous and anxious. In order to conform to the Guidelines issued to us by the Government and Public Health England, we have had to make significant changes to allow us to open at all.
Below is an easy to read list of what we have changed and how the shop will run for the foreseeable future:
- ALL CUSTOMERS will be required to make a pre-booked appointment, the door will be locked during the day and only opened when a customer arrives for their appointment. Appointments should be made via the website in the first instance, however where this is not possible I will happily make appointments over the telephone or through direct message - NOTE there will be a delay in arranging your appointment over the phone/message due to me working alone
- Please do not turn up early for your appointment - we are only able to let you in at your appointment time
- Counter screens, a cleaning station and social distancing signs have been set up inside the store. ALL CUSTOMERS will be required to santize their hands on arrival and maintain social distancing AT ALL TIMES
- Customers who have booked an appointment for shoe purchases/browsing will need to wear a face mask and gloves (both will be provided) in order to try on items of footwear, to ensure we are all still conforming to social distancing measures. Please do not come wearing gloves as you will be asked to dispose of them and replace with a brand new pair
- Customers are encouraged to make all payments via card. Where this is not possible we are happy to accept PAYPAL or Bank Transfer whilst in store or before arrival (where price is known and agreed by both parties)
- If no other payment method is possible then cash payments will be accepted
- We pride ourselves on the reputation of our first class shoe fitting service but unfortunately this will be somewhat adjusted given the 2 metre social distancing guidelines. We will of course offer as much guidance and expertise as we can without breaching 2 metres but ask that you also trust our judgement before commiting to any purchase
- Orders are still being accepted as normal but we ask you to bear with us as services are of course impacted during this current climate
- Both the mens and ladies rooms will be closed off unless you have a specific browse/purchase appointment
- There are no toilet facilities available and no persons will be permitted access to anywhere else in store unless you are a member of staff
- We will be disinfecting surface areas after each client so please bear with us if you are waiting outside
- If there does happen to be more than 2 persons waiting outside please stand by the designated signs to maintain social distance
- Repair turnaround could be affected and we ask for your cooperation with this. We are obviously inundated with requests for repairs from the past 4 months and Matthew is only able to work evenings due to looking after Baby Shoeman, now Mrs Shoeman's maternity leave has ended. Previous childcare plans that were in place are obviously unable to happen because of social distancing guidelines. Matthew WILL NOT be available for appointments whilst working in the evenings, due to the volume of repairs we receive generally, as well as the influx we have incoming, his time is needed to solely* work on repairs so that we can maintain an appropriate and realistic turn around time (*no pun intended!) Some repairs that are brought in may need Matthews expertise before I am able to offer you an estimate or plan, where this is necessary you will be contacted at the earliest opportunity before moving forward with any decision
- Our opening times have been shortened slightly in order to protect our customers and ourselves. These will be revised weekly and ammended if necessary
- We are currently NOT taking anymore riding boots for stretching. Having lost 4 months to work on the pairs we have in this will set us back to September at the earliest before they are ready to leave. This will be updated in due course
DON'T FORGET WE OFFER A POSTAL SERVICE...
Sales - if you know what you want please phone, message or email and we can get this sorted for you
Repairs - we strongly encourage customers to send repairs via post where possible. Please contact us via direct messages on Facebook or using the contact form on our website to arrange this.
Finally, could we please ask in advance that you allow us some flexibility and understanding. This is a completely unfamiliar situation to us,and other businesses, and we are by no means experts, none of us have been in this situation before and we are learning as we go. We don't profess to be perfect and it's possible we have made errors in some decisions we have taken but these will only become apparent as we trial our new plan.
Please stay safe and we thank you for your continued support,
Natalie and The Greatest Shoeman